Network of Experts for Sustainable Development in Central Asia
The Ministry of Environmental Protection, together with the Scientific and Educational Center "Green Academy" and the Network of Sustainable Development Experts of Central Asia (SECTUR), with the support of the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), held a training seminar on 20-21 June 2013 on the topic "The concept of the transition of the Republic of Kazakhstan to a" green "economy: priorities and mechanisms for effective implementation."
The main objectives of the training seminar:
1) clarification of the main provisions of the Concept;
2) advanced training of heads of territorial departments of ecology and subordinate organizations of the Ministry in the field of methodology of the "green" economy and "green" business.
Within the framework of the seminar, a special report "World Energy Outlook 2013" of the International Energy Agency (IEA) and proposals of the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) to the "Green Bridge" Partnership Program were presented.
The training seminar program included the following issues:
• International experience in developing "green" strategies;
• Methodology of the "green" economy: category and approaches;
• Integration of the principles of the "green" economy into the system of strategic planning;
• WTO and "green" economy;
• Indicators of the Concept on transition of the Republic of Kazakhstan to the "green" economy;
• The system of quota trading in the Republic of Kazakhstan;
• Principles of "green" business and eco-management;
• Ecology and tariffs;
• Waste management system at enterprises.
Among the speakers and coaches were: Deputy Executive Director of the International Energy Agency (IEA), Ambassador Richard H. Jones, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate in Climate Research, Director of the Department of Environment and Development of ESCAP Roy Kwan Chung, President of the Research and Education Center "Green Academy", Doctor of Economics, Professor Bahyt Esekina, officers of the Department of Environment and Development of ESCAP Aneta Nikolova and Aida Karazhanova, Director of the Center for Environmental Problems and Sustainable Eco-Accord "(RF) Olga Ponizova, Director of the Department of" green "technologies and investment attraction MEP RK Ainur Sospanova, acting. Director General of JSC "Zhasyl Damu" Sergey Tsoy, Head of Production and Consumption Waste Management of JSC "Zhasyl Damu" Kazken Orazalinova, PhD, Master of Columbia University (USA) Aliya Shalabekova.
The first day was a discussion of the methodology of the "green" economy. The second day - "Green" business and ekomomedzhment enterprises.
As a result of the training seminar, participants were tested to determine the level of knowledge in the field of green economy methodology and the development of green business.